Senior Production Support Engineer
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- We are looking for a Senior Production Support Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working at the nexus of technology and business operations.
- You'll work closely with Engineering, Operations and Customer Experience teams to ensure Endowus' systems are always healthy.
- You'll build a deep understanding of our business operations to be able to detect issues, implement mitigations and work with Product & Engineering for long term fixes.
- You'll be responsible for inspecting operational health checks, running initial triage on reported issues, executing documented runbooks, and escalating to Engineering teams when necessary.
- You'll own our incident response process, ensure healthy on-call rotations, support SLAs, and be a key stakeholder of incident post-mortems.
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing the first line of support for mission critical financial applications and monitoring the production channels for issues and problems.
- At least 3 years of experience of working as a fully responsible person for making sure production issues are fixed satisfactorily, incident analysis (RCA) and post mortem is carried out, and appropriate remedial action is taken to mitigate recurrence.
- Comfortable with shell scripting, REST APIs, cloud based infrastructure.
- Efficient and effective communication skills.
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills, comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves.
- Self-driven, has a strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently.
Nice to haves
- Understanding of wealth management and trading
- Experience working with mission-critical products
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, Docker)
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, 32/42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email Engineering.Careers@Endowus.com with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)