Full-stack Developer (Client-facing - React/Node.js)
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About the team
This team handles the complex orchestration between Endowus' front-end applications and our growing ecosystem of microservices. We work very closely with the rest of the Front-end Team since we are responsible for implementing and maintaining the feature-specific facade that has the orchestrations and transformations necessary to simplify overheads to the myriad of microservices.
We strive to reduce development friction, communication overhead and delay when implementing new features.
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Produce clean and testable code that can be confidently released in production. Review other team members’ contributions.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Work closely with Product and business teams to produce high-quality results.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience.
- You have more than 2 years of experience in building web applications, preferably in a modern front-end stack with React.js/Redux and Node.js.
- You are familiar with HTML/CSS and React.js and its lifecycles and hooks.
- You have experience with agile processes, testing, CI/CD and production error/metrics monitoring.
- Eager and willing to learn new things. Staying up to date with the latest technologies.
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same.
- Being a team player is key. We are a small but growing team, and we believe in building an environment that fosters a sense of belonging for all of our employees.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with Nest.js in TypeScript or/and Sprint Boot in Java/Kotlin
- Experience working with GraphQL on the server-side and client-side
- Experience working in financial services is helpful but not a must.
- We are open to hiring remotely in Asia time zones.
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, 32/42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email Engineering.Careers@Endowus.com with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)