Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- We are looking for a Data Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Being part of Endowus's Technology team, you will build end-to-end product features that you are confident of delighting user experiences.
- You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realise these goals and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture, and interaction.
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-6 years of experience in designing and implementing key components for highly scalable, distributed data collection and analysis systems built for handling large volumes of data in cloud
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases or BigQuery, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimising data pipelines and data sets in Apache Flink or Apache Spark to answer specific business questions.
- Experience in at least one of the JVM languages such as Java, Scala.
- Experience Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. (experience in Airflow is Plus)
- Experience with distributed databases, such as Cassandra, and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
- Hands-on development with key technologies including Scala, Apache Flink and other relevant distributed computing languages, frameworks, and libraries
- Independence and self-reliance while being a proactive team player with excellent communication skills.
- Self-driven, has a strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
Nice to haves
- Experience with message broker systems, such as Apache Kafka.
- Developed mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Basic knowledge of finance and trading
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- We are open to hiring remotely in Asia time zones.
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, 32/42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email Engineering.Careers@Endowus.com with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)